Friday, April 21, 2023

 

Today’s Totally Random Line(s)

           

Here once again we sit, once again crown’d,

And looked upon, I hope, with cheerful eyes.

 

-King John

King John                       Act IV, Scene ii, Line 1

                     

Well, I often say to myself, here once again I sit. In fact, I think I might have been saying that to myself a few minutes ago. And if I wasn’t, well, I’ll say it now, out loud. Here once again we sit. Not sure about the crown’d part. And I don’t see any other eyes, let alone cheerful ones. But nonetheless…. Here once again we sit.

It reminds me of a poster. I don’t remember much about the picture on the poster, just the words:
Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits. I think that describes me fairly well. So it’s either that, or here once again we sit.

Take your pick.


Speaking of sitting: I was sitting in a waiting room the other day, and I noticed the footwear on this fellow, and I took a clandestine photo of his feet. 
I don't know who he is, but whoever he is, here he sat, looked upon by me with envious eyes. 
Thems is some comfy looking sandals!


1 comment:

Squeaks said...

We are always thinking though aren't we? Maybe that's why I struggle with meditation. Because I never sits without the thinks.

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                          I have heard Your grace hath ta’en great pains to qualify His rigorous cours...