Thursday, April 27, 2023

 Today’s Totally Random Line(s)

           

Cleopatra,--

 

-Antony

Antony and Cleopatra            Act I, Scene iii, Line 26

                      

That's it. Just Cleopatra. Antony is trying to interrupt Cleopatra’s rant here and get a word in edgewise, but he’s not doing too well so far. He’ll get to speak, eventually. 

It seems to me that Will paints the picture of Cleopatra as quite the flighty woman. But is she really? That’s the thing: everything and everyone that Will gives us, just like all the things and people we deal with in the real world, are multi-faceted and anything but simple. Really, nothing is simple; people and things just fool us into thinking they are sometimes. And can’t that be problematic? That was a rhetorical question. Oh yes it can. 

Ahh, what do we have here? I'll tell you. It's a pencil that Nina and Jeff brought me back from the Maldives. It has sand in the plastic jug attached to the top.
Now I'm pretty sure that this pencil wasn't made in the Maldives. However, I do wonder if the sand in the little jug at the top is real Maldivian sand or not. I must conclude that it appears to have Maldivian sand. After all, it says Maldives on the jug. 
What do you think?

1 comment:

Squeaks said...

What a nice pencil!

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...