Friday, April 7, 2023

 

Today’s Totally Random Line(s)

           

Good night.

 

-Octavius Caesar

Antony and Cleopatra             Act II, Scene iii, Line 9

 

How about that? Good night. A few thousand lines into this Random Line exercise and we come up with Good night. Are you trying to tell me that we’ve never come up with that line before? Are you trying to tell me that the line Good night doesn’t appear anywhere else in the collected works? Are you trying to tell me anything? That’s what I thought: nothing. Well, nothing will come of nothing. Good night!

I would have to say that last night was not a very good night. Rushing around to get the house ready for visitors for an hour or so before bed, Collywobble at bedtime, phone calls about missing drivers at midnight, arriving travelers with crying babies two hours later. Ooof, no, not a very good night at all!

Goodnight!!

1 comment:

Squeaks said...

Nothing comes from nothing. Nothing ever could.

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...