Sunday, April 9, 2023

 Today’s Totally Random Line(s)

           

                                        Which of them both

Is dearest to me, I have no skill in sense

To make distinction.

 

-Countess

All’s Well That Ends Well             Act III, Scene iv, Line 39

 

I really have no idea what the context is here, but I am immediately brought to think of asking Jon which of his twin sons is his favourite. The reason I am brought to think this is because one of those guys is waking up in the next room right now and crying for attention. I’m pretty sure it’s Otto, so that if I asked Jon (who’s still in bed) that question right now, he might say Auggie. Well, probably the first thing he would say is why the heck are you in my bedroom asking stupid questions? But the reality is that his answer (when he was not being woken up by one of them (or by me)) would most likely be that which of them both is dearest to him he has no skill in sense to make distinction. Of course, I’m paraphrasing what Jon would actually say, but that would be the gist of it.


And go Bobcats!

1 comment:

Squeaks said...

It's an interesting way to word it... "I have no skill in sense to make distinction" -- isn't the skill in sense that one refuses to make the distinction?

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...